"THE BIG 12": The Major Toxic Ingredients to Avoid
1. Propylene, Ethylene and Butylene Glycol Found in Anti-freeze. Acts as a "surfactant" (wetting agent and solvent). Penetrates the skin and weakens protein and cellular structure. Strong enough to remove barnacles from boats, factory workers are required by the FDA to wear protective clothing when producing products containing these chemicals and are required to dispose of PG as toxic waste. Found in: baby wipes, diaper creams, baby lotion, facial cleansing cloths, facial cleansers, body washes, shampoos, toothpastes, etc.
2. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) Detergents pose serious health threats. Used in garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers and in 90% of all personal-care products that foam. Young eyes may not develop properly if exposed to SLS. SLS may damage the skin's immune system. Found in: Head and Shoulders, baby body washes, baby shampoos, anti-bacterial hand washes, shaving cream, body lotions, shampoos, etc.
3. DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine) & TEA (triethanolamine) Hormone-disrupting chemicals that can form cancer-causing nitrates. Dr. Samuel Epstein (professor of Environmental Health at the University of Illinois) says that repeated applications of DEA-based detergents result in major increase in liver and kidney cancer. The FDA's John Bailey says "the risk is significantly increased for children." Found in: body lotions, body wash, cleansers, shampoos, etc.
4. Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) Carcinogenic petroleum ingredient that reduces the skin's natural moisture. Increases the appearance of aging and leaves you vulnerable to bacteria. Found in: Frizz Ease, baby wipes, diaper creams, baby lotions, cleansers, body washes, deodorants, etc.
5. Sodium Hydroxide This is a poison (caustic lye) found in drain cleaners. Warning label on sodium hydroxide products reads "POISON, may be fatal or cause permanent damage if swallowed. May cause blindness. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, mouth and clothing." Found in: Toothpastes, baby lotions, hand and body lotion, etc.
6. Triclosan Synthetic "Antibacterial" with a chemical structure similar to Agent Orange! The EPA registers Triclosan as a pesticide, giving it high scores as a risk to human health and the environment. It is in a class of chemicals suspected on causing cancer in humans. Tufts University School of Medicine says Triclosan can force the emergence of "superbugs" that it cannot kill. Found in: Antibacterial hand wash, antibacterial toys, etc.
7. DMDM and Urea (Iidazolidnyl) Two of many preservatives that often release formaldehyde which cause joint pain, skin reactions, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pains, ear infections, chronic fatigue, dizziness, and loss of sleep. Found in: body lotions, body washes, antibacterial hand washes, cleansers, shampoos, etc.
8. Parabens Studies show that Parabens - Alkyl Hydroxy Parabens - Alpha Hydroxy Benzoate (Methyl-, Ethyl-, Porpyl- and Buti-Parabens) are weakly estrogenic. Found in: Baby wipes, baby body washes, antibacterial hand washes, facial wipes, body lotions, shampoos, etc.
9. Alcohol Isoproplyl (SD-40) Drying, irritating solvent that strips skin's moisture and immune barrier, making you vulnerable to bacteria and viruses. Made from the same petroleum derivative used in shellac and antifreeze as well as personal care products. Promotes brown spots and premature aging. Found in: lotions, creams, deodorants, etc.
10. Mineral Oil Petroleum by-products that coat the skin similar to plastic wrap, clogging the pores. Interferes with the skin's ability to eliminate toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. Slows down skin function and cell development, resulting in premature aging. Found in: lotions, creams, etc.
11. FD&C Color Pigments Synthetic colors from coal tar that deposit toxins onto the skin, causing skin irritation. Absorption of certain colors can cause depletion of oxygen in the body and death. Found in: Shampoos, toothpaste, body washes, cleansers, baby products, wipes, hand washes, deodorants, lotions, creams, etc.
12. Fragrances Can contain up to 4,000 ingredients (including animal urine), many toxic or carcinogenic. Causes headaches, dizziness, allergic reactions, skin discoloration, violent coughing, vomiting, and skin irritation. Fragrances affect the nervous system, causing depression, hyperactivity, irritability, inability to cope and other behavioral changes. Found in: Head and Shoulders , shampoos, toothpastes, body washes, cleansers, baby products, wipes, hand washes, deodorants, lotions, creams, etc.
Use of these products can kill you, your baby & your animals.
Products, statements, services & techniques are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease nor are they intended as a substitute for medical or veterinary care. They are dietary supplements or for informational purposes only.
2005 - 2018 Rainbow Acres LLC All rights reserved.